Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On the road again

One of the problems working so closely with USGS-EROS is that on occasion I have to make site visits to their facility. We have an annual MTBS meeting between the two centers and it's always in February. The problem is that we rotate locations, one year in SLC and the next at EROS. In Sioux Falls.

It's cold in Sioux Falls in February!

This is my fourth trip to Sioux Falls: once in August, once in September, and twice in February. I don't mind the city or visits at all, but I could do without the 4 degrees I faced after dinner tonight.

In my capacity at my current job, I've had to make visits to Sioux Falls (twice) and Duluth, MN, in February. Brrr.

In other news, I was handed a promotion last week at work. After hearing the responsibilities of the new position, it became clear that it was no change from what I've already been doing for a year but wasn't compensated or recognized as such. I don't say that to be a whiner; rather, I say that to mean that my day-to-day activities won't change at all. I just get more money now. My official job title is now "Post-fire Mapping Group Leader" at RedCastle Resources.

2 comments:

Ezra said...

Cha-ching.

따조 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.